Friday, September 04, 2009

Wanted: Sleep and lots of it

If I was brave I’d take a photo of myself to show you just how exhausted I am. Because words don’t do it justice. My hair is everywhere due to it drying while I dozed. My eyes are heavy, bloodshot and shooting red beams at everyone. My clothes? Pj’s thank you and I don’t know if I’ll change out of them today. Why? BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER HATES US.

Wednesday night was hell. H.E.L.L. She woke up every 20 minutes or so. We did our usual nurse to sleep for 15 minutes then lay her down in the crib. Only to have her wake up almost the second you get comfy. ALL. NIGHT. LONG. I think she may have slept about two hours straight at some point but the rest was up and down every 20 minutes or so. Last night was bad but mainly because of the night before. She woke up around 3 and decided it was play time. She nursed, fell asleep and then bam she’s wide awake and saying Hi Dada, with that foot in the air. It took over an hour to get her to sleep. This was AFTER nursing, walking, rocking and finally gas and teeth meds. Not sure if they really helped of if she just finally gave up and went to sleep.

How can something so cute be such a bitch? She’s all grins and giggles today, like she has not screwed with our sleep AGAIN, causing us to be remnants of ourselves. All this lack of sleep is not hurting her in anyway. She’s just the same, giggly, happy, let’s play Jocelyn. It’s so not fair.

No comments: