Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Greens and things

So yesterday Jocelyn had her first taste of green beans. I had planned on her being introduced to these lovely green bits of goodness ages ago but one thing after another has come up and I’ve had to put it off. Needless to say she wasn’t impressed and after about 5 bites began to gag. Yikes.

When I was feeding Bailey baby food, I cannot remember any issues, other than the occasional refusal to eat something. But with Jocelyn, it seems that anything we give her somehow affects her. We’ve had some constipation issues and some other less solid issues. We’ve had days of sleep and days of minutes here and there. We’ve had fussy days and days of pure perfection. I have to say that I never in my entire life thought that I would have this much trouble with food.

I still don’t know what is going on with her. She’s happy. She’s healthy. She’s a chunky monkey so obviously she’s eating well. But why oh why does it have to upset her entire routine? At this point we’ve narrowed it down to anything new in her system causes an upset. And if that anything is given to her daily in about a week she’s fine. But if that anything is not given to her daily, as in a week or so goes by in between samples, it returns. So I’ve given up on finding ways to ease her into this, and I’m just going to keep going. Because if I don’t, she’ll be 3 years old, breastfeeding and have only tried 6 food items.

No comments: