Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I broke down...and now I'm paying for it

I kept it mum, but a few weeks ago I bought a new pair of jeans.  I had to.  And it hurt like hell to search for THIS size when I'd rather be THAT size right there...you know that one that has a much smaller number?  But my old jeans are really becoming an eye sore.

So I spent WAY too much on a pair of Levi's.  This brand of jean does wonders for my ass and I've always loved them.  I found a pair that wasn't butt crack low, in fact they were high as in old school above the belly button.  I do like my lower rise jeans, however the belly flab doesn't look so fab.  I put them on and woohoo, it felt odd having jeans so high again but my tummy was gone, and everything was smooth and it looked pretty damn good if I do say so myself. 

I brought them home, washed them and they sat in my closet for a week before I remembered aha I have some cute as hell jeans I can wear.

I put them on.

Within two hours I was pissed.  Why?  Well these jeans that are supposed to smooth your curves and control your tummy, LIE LIKE A BASTARD.  Two hours into wearing these $60 jeans and I suddenly had a preggo pooch.  No really, Bo didn't believe me until I showed him.  I knew when my husband's eyes did a funny twitch that the image wasn't one that was only in my head, it was real and horrible.  Not only was there a red neon flashing sign pointing to my rolly polly tummy, but they were now loose enough I could take em off without unbuttoning or unzipping them.

WTF?!?!

They look like the worst 'Mom jean's on the planet.

Now I can't take them back, I've washed them, I've worn them and we tossed the receipt.  Because I had faith that these puppies were going to work and now they don't.  Not by a long shot.

Photobucket

1 comment:

mypixieblog said...

I hate jean shopping. Seriously, it's like the bane of my existence. And I've found that what often looks good in the store? Doesn't look so hot when you model it in the privacy of your own home.

I'm sorry for this. Though there were parts of your post that definitely made me laugh out loud ;)