Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Bring on the happy pills

Its official, I have depression, and OCD, but only a very slight case. The doctor says that it and depression interlink sometimes and it’s nothing to worry about. I have been prescribed anti-depressants and counseling. The best part of the pills, one of the side effects is weight loss! I’m like oh yeah oh yeah. My doctor did say that once we found the right prescription, then we would work on finding a way for me to lose weight. So it’s not just me that is confused by all that I’ve done with no results. I have no idea what he’ll have me try, but if he can’t figure out what’s going on then I might as well accept the fact that I’m a fat girl.
My doctor, my husband and the one friend I confided in have all asked me how I feel about this. I have no idea what they mean. I don’t feel differently in any way. I was hoping I’d feel better when he told me that I have been right all these years, but I’m not. Because this isn’t over, and the pills can only fix part of the problem. I told them I feel fine, because I do. I don’t know if they want me to start dancing and singing how happy I am that I’m getting help. Or maybe they think I’ll be more open to how I’m feeling. I don’t know but right now, I don’t feel any different, minus the nervousness over the appointment.

No comments: