Wednesday, April 04, 2007

10 pounds lighter!

Mini tribal! Woohoo woohoo! I weighed this morning three times before I admitted the number was right. I haven’t been this small in 3 years. Not that I’m small, but smaller than I was. I have finally lost the baby weight! I said somewhere on here that I had 75lbs to lose and that’s wrong. I don’t know why but I still see myself at the weight I was when I first had my son. Even though the scale says way differently, that is the number that stayed in my head when I thought about weight. When I first had him, I needed to lose 65, see I even added an extra 10lbs. I now have 35 pounds to lose! I was talking to the hubby this morning about this and he looked at me funny when I said I still had 60 to lose. I am not good at math but good Lord I am not that bad.

I don’t know why I have had that number in my head all this time. I knew I had lost weight, had even gone down a size but I was convinced that was still how much I had to lose. When I look in the mirror these days, I see what I looked like right after I had him. Even though the scale says one thing, my eyes and mind say otherwise. It is very confusing and hard to admit I have lost weight. I don’t understand it, but I still don’t “see” it.

I think the best part is I’m about to go down another size. Well it’s also a bit upsetting, considering I went shopping a few weeks ago and last weekend for clothes that fit. Now the clothes I bought are loose. Hell even the ones I bought this weekend are loose. They were loose when I tried them on, but there was no way I could squeeze my butt into a smaller size. The Salvation Army is going to love me because I’ll have loads of clothes to give them. I love my new clothes and so I’m a bit sad to know in a few more weeks they’ll be too big. But that also means I’ll be able to get new ones, and ones that I will like better. I’m finally able to fit into the cute clothes, well some of them anyway. Plus if I continue to lose weight like I have this means by July or August I’ll be back to what I was in my junior year. I could actually wear a bathing suit this summer! Eeeck yeah that scares me still. I haven’t worn a bathing suit in years! When I did, I wore a giant t-shirt over it to hide myself. I don’t want to have to do that anymore. I want to wear a bathing suit without that damn t-shirt.

Yes today is a good day. I’m excited about the 10lbs, although a BIG part of me has to be negative and scream I still have lots to lose you fat ass. But I can shut her up, by dancing around to very loud music.

No comments: