Monday, March 22, 2010


As I was writing up the novel post below, I realized something that oddly enough hadn’t crossed my mind before. I came to the part where I had to pass on the award, I visited each blog I follow, read them to refresh myself and to make sure I got who was who right and ended up falling in love again with everyone. I truly think all bloggers deserve an award! I wouldn’t have had to narrow it down, hehe.

Then the part where I grounded myself for a month.

I began reading one blog post after another, and noticed how many blogs I had gotten behind on. I have become more of a blog writer and not a blog reader. In the blogging world that is BAD, like way totally for sure BAAAD. I rarely comment, which again is BAD, because if no one commented on my blog I’d hold up that sign I made that says “Nikki you were right, you suck and no one likes you”. Commenting helps me keep going because obviously people like what I have to say and I’m sure it’s the same for every other blogger/writer out there. Even though I think what I write is crap, you guys don’t and I can’t thank you enough for following and sticking around. And here I am, not returning the favor that keeps me writing, and asking you to ignore that and keep paying attention to me.

I am sorry, truly sorry that I have been a bad bad follower. I feel really bad for this, peeps, I haven’t stopped thinking about it all day. You have my permission to throw stones, garbage or whatever trash is sitting in the bottom of your car at the moment at me. I won’t run, promise, but I’m a pansy so the first smack may topple me over in wimpy cries.

I am working on it, I may not be able comment every day/post on your blog, but I will try my damndest to read you daily.

To Miss, Jamie and Eva, I love reading poetry I truly do, but I know nothing about it and when I try to comment on it, ugh it’s obvious I don’t know poetry and should totally keep my mouth shut. I will try to comment anyway, but I apologize in advance for the stupidity that I spew out over something beautiful that you have written.

World, I apologize for being a douche.

Now I’m off to drink some, to read some, and maybe do some ~raises eyebrows up and down~ cuddling to help me feel better.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh, don't stress too much Nikki. I think everyone will forgive you. We all need a bit of selfish blogging, every now and then.

Jodene said...

Nikki, we are all guilty of being swept away by our writing more than our reading. I'd much rather have a comment as special as yours come through to my blog once in a while!

Thank you ... your comments always inspire and remind me of why I do what I do!

Can I just ask you to do me one favour? Don't ever take your gift for writing for granted and think that what you write is less than perfect ... it's so perfect that it's crazy ;-)

Nikki said...

Thanks guys, I don't feel so bad now. Hugs.

Holy crap Jodene you are going to give me an ego problem if you keep that sweet talk up, LOL. Thank you though, you inspire me with your blog and your praise on my writing. Up until about a year ago, only a couple of people (friends and Bo) told me I had talent, so its amazing yet weird to hear. MWAH, we do rock.