Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Irony at its best

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this moment.  I found my ‘second wind’, although my first wind died like years ago.  I was cleaning, doing stuff and knocking off items left and right off my list. 

That is until Jocelyn woke up and I made her some lunch.  Somewhere in between getting her something to drink and a fork for her lunch, I sliced my thumb. 

Sliced it folks.  It barely bled, but the skin separates with the slightest pressure sending stinging, burning, piercing pain through my thumb and down my wrist.  I now know what the inside of my thumb looks like. 

This sucker is deep, this sucker hurts like a SOB and yet I do not know how I did it.  I never felt any pain….Until I went to pick up the plate out of the microwave and BOOOOOOM. 

Did you know grapefruit burns in an open wound?  I DO NOW!  I tried cutting up pasta for her and damn near fell to the floor in tears. 

Ugh…I’m so piffed at the moment.

No comments: