Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 4....technically

He was waiting for me today. I pulled into the small parking area, right next to his red truck. He was leaning against the driver side door. He wore blue jeans today, the second time I’ve seen him dressed in jeans. They weren’t those hideous 4 sizes too big kind, they were snug in all the right places and I was dying to see how his ass looked. Because the front, well I was having another bubble bath tonight. His grey and white striped button up shirt wasn’t tucked in, which is very sexy in my opinion; tucked in is too stiff and too formal for me. His shoes, I noticed for the first time ever, was boots, as in cowboy boots. I was going to have to look away from that face of his more often.

“Hey,” he said as soon as I got out of my car. He pushed himself away from the truck and began walking over to me.

“Hey, yourself,” I asked as I locked my car, he stopped just a few steps away.

He hesitantly reached his hand out to me. I took it, and we walked into the coffee shop hand in hand. And yes, I had one of those goofy smiles on my face.

Again our table was free, I was beginning to wonder if he was reserving it.

“How was your weekend?” he asked then blew on his coffee.

“Boring as hell, you?”

“Nothing too special,” he said softly almost sadly, but I didn’t pry.

“If it helps, it rained all weekend. It was pretty nasty.”

He chuckled wickedly, “Rainy weekends can be fun,” I watched as his eyes shifted down to look at my lips.

Whoa.

“I suppose,” I said nonchalantly, making him laugh. We’ve flirted before, but subtly, never that direct. Oh I loved it, I was hot from just that look, but this was a strange new side of him.

His gaze lingered on my mouth for a few more seconds, then he looked down at his hands as they lay on the table.

“Anything in particular you would like to do Saturday?” he asked looking up and turning his head to the side.

“Hmm, dinner would be nice.”

“How about that little Italian place that just opened?”

“I’ve heard they are really good,” I said nodding.

“Let’s find out.”

I smiled up at him and he gave me a wink.

Our conversation turned to mundane topics like the weather and the people coming and going inside the coffee shop. Time passed in a blur while we talked. I looked down as I picked up my coffee, and when I looked up I suddenly realized that we were both leaning in toward each other. His face was inches from mine, those startling blue eyes looking at me this close made me fidget in my seat.

He glanced down, “Damn, it’s time to go.”

“Yippee,” I said with sarcasm, making him laugh.

“Same time tomorrow?” he asked sweetly.

“Of course,” I said.

No comments: