Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tonight it's me and Kissyfur

I forget how much 'space' Bo takes up in our bed.  Even if we're not touching I can feel him, I can hear him.  When he's not there, that bed feels like the size of the moon and just as cold and dark. 

It's quite lonely.

At one point I rolled over to cuddle up to him and when I reached nothing was there.  I jerked awake in a panic and it took me a few seconds to realize where he is.  Oddly I missed being groped and fondled in the night.

Yeah I know, I'll be complaining again when I've had 4 days of little sleep and a husband that has turned into a horny leech.  You'll just have to remind me how hard it was to sleep when he wasn't there touching me.

Three times I woke up thinking it was time to get up but when I went to turn the alarm off on my phone I learned I was wrong.  I saw 4:00 and 5:10 and 5:45 am.  My alarm was set for 6:30...

I had just fell back asleep when a war missile alarm went off, causing me to jump up in bed looking around gasping for air.  Bo had, by habit, re-set his alarm after it had gone off yesterday.  To hear it for yourself check this video someone has so kindly posted.  Try having that thing go off when you weren't expecting it and when you aren't the one in charge of shutting it off.  It took a minute of that damn thing going cookoo before I remembered where the right button was. 

When I talked to Bo this morning he rather enjoyed this story and it's a good thing he was so far away or I would have knocked him upside the head.  That is so not the way a non morning person wants to wake up.  I did learn that I wasn't the only one who woke up and was wrong about the time, he did it too around the same time.  Crazy huh?

So yeah my plan tonight is getting my teddy bear Kissyfur (that I've had since I was 3) and cuddle with him.  He always helped me sleep when I was a kid, I can't see why it wouldn't work now.

3 comments:

David Miller said...

It's quite natural to feel lonely, some alarm sounds should just be banned, they are loud enough to wake up the neighborhood. Well Kissyfur should help take away some of the loneliness :)

Nikki said...

LOL well he did, thanks David.

Draft Queen said...

Aww. When N is out of town I'm totally lost in my bed.