Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'm grounded

until I decide whether or not to try more meds.  The worst part about it is I am my warden and I'm not good at that job.

It's easy to let myself get away with doing what I want.  I'm a sucker when it comes to me.

So starting today, once I finish chatting with my Mama on Facebook and finish this here post, I am not allowed to touch my writing, my books or my laptop until all of my chores are done.  I can stop to play with Joss, or take a break or whatever but I am not allowed to touch any of those things until I've crossed the last task off.  Even if I drag my feet and it takes me hours to get through my list...gasp.

I know this won't fix me, but it's a start to get myself from using these things as a crutch to get through my day.  Seriously, I'm doing one of those three things from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed, that's a big problem.  I sit my timer to stop and do something else but I just keep resetting it. 

I'm dreading this, I'm hating it but I know that it has to be done.  I wouldn't let my kids or Bo get away with goofing off and not doing their chores, so why am I allowed to?

Photobucket

No comments: