Friday, August 19, 2011

On this day

eleven years ago, I literally married my best friend....notice how red he is?? LOL at the time he was installing satelites all over creation, so he was 1) extremely dark from being out in the sun for HOURS and 2) nervous as hell.  I am not responsible for the horrible makeup, just so you know.  EEEESH.

I never get tired of telling our story or thinking over those days before and during our beginning.  I still find it funny, that I never saw him as anything but Bo, my friend.  I swear to you, the boy had no penis in my head.  He was just Bo, nothing more.  Whatever changed inside of me that summer before we started dating, I'm thankful.  Because I saw him for the first time and fell in love in a blink of an eye, and found an amazing partner to share my life with...who had been there all along and I never even noticed.

It's not a secret that I'm a hopeless romantic and we have Bo to thank for that.  Before him, I swore real love was only in fairy tales and books.  Once I opened my eyes and saw him, I knew it existed and was as real as you and me.  The fact that I still get excited minutes before he comes home or when he kisses me and that he can still get me rattled when he flirts with me after eleven years of marriage, just proves it.

But don't think for a second that I have an easy button; we have our dark moments and most of which are entirely my fault. 

I love my man, without him by my side.....I'd blow away with the slightest breeze.

Happy Anniversary lover!


Photobucket

No comments: