Saturday, August 20, 2011

Looking in from the outside

In case you are curious about my mention of a meeting with someone in the publishing world, let me share.

First and for most, she rocks and sent me a ton of things to read and even sent me in the right direction for groups to join and conventions to check out.  Thanks a million BTW!  At one point she asked if she was going overboard, and I told her no, not even a little.  Cause that's my kinda chat.  I may be 4 messages behind but my brain and my fingers are on cloud nine.  I GET TO TALK ABOUT WRITING WITH SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT THE PROFESSION, SEND ME ALL YOU GOT!

The researcher in me is all a giggle at all these pages and directions to scope out....EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

While preparing for this talk though I've reminded myself once again that I really know zilch about the world of writing.  I don't have a technique or a routine (although I'm trying to get both).  I am clueless really about how everything works.  It's frustrating and irritating that I've been doing this for a really long ass time and I'm so clueless and behind it's quite sad. 

I know why I'm stuck, I know why I can't get anything but short stories finished.  You can't get a result if you don't know how everything works first.

I told her I have a lot of homework to do on top of writing, and she said yes, I do.

Photobucket

No comments: