Friday, September 09, 2011

The beauty of the unexpected

In real life I'm a goober, I'm only serious here and that is the weirdest thing.  I still haven't figured out where this new voice comes from when I write a post.  If you ever met me you'd be shocked at the difference.  And if you ran into someone I personally know, they'd roll their eyes and say 'Nikki serious?  Ha that's like a pig that can fly'.

Example A


And because I love and miss my Honey Cheeks, Example B


This whole changing my life thing has made me far too serious.  After yesterday's post I struggled to get through my day.  That's when it hit me, I was sucking the fun out of everything.  I walked away and enjoyed the beauty that is Damn You Auto Correct for a while.  And what do you know my goofballness (dude if that is not a word it should be) returned.  So much so that last night I played with the kids when normally by 5 I'm crashed on the couch with zero energy.  I don't know if it was really that website and laughing and having fun all afternoon but I do know that at 7pm I was running around the house playing with the kids.  The shock on all their faces as I ran around chasing them was not only priceless but a bit heart breaking.  None of them could remember the last time I'd done that....I'm not sure I've ever really done it to be honest.

There's a difference between changing to be better and changing who you really are.  I'm changing my life by truly stepping into my role as a SAHM, but that doesn't mean I have to lose my laughter to make that happen.

Photobucket

No comments: