Thursday, December 08, 2011

Turning 30

I remember about 13 years or so ago (totally can't remember, how's that for getting old hehe) when my BIL turned 30.  He was distraught and not happy at all.  I remember giving him a hard time about it right along with everyone else.  If I think a little harder, most of the people I've witnessed who've hit 30 has thrown a fit or been depressed about it.  Like my other BIL, who once Bailey was born swore he'd never have another birthday again (Bailey was born on his birthday) since it was no longer his so he could avoid hitting 30.

My 30th birthday is coming in February and Bo's is in April, and I'm here to tell you it's not THAT bad.  I think these two boys especially are just whiny bitches.  I again quote my grandma, you are only as old as you feel, and age isn't everything.  I don't feel old and I don't feel like crying because I'm about to turn the BIG 3-0.  I think the funniest part about our birthdays this year is not whining and throwing fits to show his brother and my BIL what big babies they were when they hit 30.

Bring on the black balloons and 'Older Than Dirt' signs all you want, you won't see us crying.

And because we're about to turn 30, I thought we should have a big 'ol bash to celebrate.  Neither of us have had a birthday party since we've been married...yeah we suck.  What's even worse is our short list of friends to invite.  I came up with the fab idea of having an all 80's party right down to the music and fashion.  Bo just rolled his eyes at me.  The nerve.

So I'm asking all you wonderful people, what did you do on your 30th?  I'm looking for ideas and inspiration, because I think we both need a big celebration this year.


Photobucket

No comments: