Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to me.


This morning I woke up early and peed in a cup. What a beautiful way to start Mother’s Day? I didn’t think I’d see a positive; I have been feeling ickly but didn’t truly believe I was right. I didn’t have that for sure knocked up feeling like I have gotten in the past. I don’t know if it’s because I’m still dealing with two miscarriages or I’m in denial that we’ve done it again. This makes pregnancy #5, and each time was a first try success. Awesome. When the test said positive, I just couldn’t believe it. Hubby was still asleep when I finally left the bathroom after looking at the test for a good 10 minutes. I woke him up by whispering I’m pregnant in his ear. We cuddled for a bit then he went back to sleep but I was too buzzed to, I got up and sipped coffee while I played my new addiction: Sudoku. Everything was quiet, still and just beautiful. I still don’t quite believe it, although I have the picture and hubby to prove that the test was positive. I keep pulling the picture up on my laptop and gazing at it. I’m thinking of printing off multiple copies and hanging them up randomly through the house so every where I turn it will be there. Maybe that will help my obsession with it….and convince me it’s real.

I’m trying very hard not to get my hopes up, but it’s so hard. It’s extra hard because I’m due around my grandma’s birthday. That woman is my idol and to have a baby on or near her birthday would be beyond amazing. And if it’s a girl…wow is all I can say.

Finding out I’m pregnant on Mother’s Day – priceless.

No comments: