Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I’m sitting here in my husband’s boxer’s and a tank top. Yum, right? Talk about laundry day, I have zilch to wear. Seriously. Nothing. Nada. I have got to get this schedule thing under control otherwise we’ll all be wearing nothing but undies for clothes. Bo and the kids have things to wear, but not me. Why? Because I put myself last as usual, I make sure they have things to wear and only when I don’t have anything do I notice I forgot all about my stuff.

I’ve come to realize that I need to put Jocelyn in her own room. That idea scares me, because her room is on the opposite side of the house. We have an excellent monitor but it doesn’t help me feel better. I know we’d get better sleep and I’d be able to get things done during the day. Like laundry, since our laundry is in our bathroom, and any time I go in there to do a load she wakes up. So I’m limited to when she’s awake and happy in her bouncy or swing. If she was in her room across the house, I could do the things I needed to without fear of waking her. But then that makes me panic because what if those sounds are what keeps her breathing. They say to have a white noise machine or fan going in a nursery to lower the risk of SIDS. What if the white noise is me trying to get stuff done? Moving her to her room would mean no noise. Clean clothes is not worth it. I just don’t think I’m ready yet for her to be in her own room. But how in the world am I ever going to get stuff done if I don’t?

No comments: