Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dust bunnies run run away

So far today I’ve been keeping to my To Do List, and I’m not sure if it’s because I have energy for some weird reason or because Jocelyn finally likes to be by herself more. At least for today anyway, tomorrow may be a whole different story. I still have tons to do on my list, but I knocked out 5 tasks in about 15 minutes. Hot dog. Only 374 more to go.

Bo has all next week off and we have a long list of things we need to do since he’ll be home. Like rearranging three rooms, painting two of them although all three would be even better, fixing the dog house, cleaning the house as much as we possibly can, throwing a b-day party and performing a brain transplant. I’m not sure how we’re going to get everything we have planned done in 9 days with our procrastination genes as prominent as they are. Considering this is a vacation we don’t want to be working the whole time, and since we’re better at goofing off together than doing what needs to be done, I’m willing to bet all we get done is rearranging the rooms and doing the party. I hope not, but I know us and we seem to feed off of each others laziness.

The OCD nerd in me wants to sit down and make a list for each day of what we need to do. Because it will help us get things done, and it will make sure we still get to have fun together. But the OCD nerd in me wants to add everything that I can possibly come up with to do around the house, ie replacing the plumbing and appliances, painting the cabinets, designing and making flower beds around the house…..see what I mean. I know a list or guideline of what we need to do is a good idea, it’s the adult thing to do. Except I tend to look at it as a whole and not in sections, so I’m afraid if I make a list its going to be about 40 pages long per day and include a bulldozer and crane.

My goal for the day is come up with a game plan, and to stick to the things we have already decided to do while he’s on vacation. You would think that would be easy, but not with my fantabulous imagination. Plus to try to keep up this odd momentum I’ve got going and clean my butt off so we have less to do next week. It’s going to be a tough day keeping myself in line. I really should get paid for this.

No comments: