Thursday, January 07, 2010

Brass bra

Have you ever heard someone say, ‘It’s colder than a witch’s tit in a brass bra’?  It happens to be one of my favorite sayings, only because I giggle everytime I hear it.  Cannot help myself.  Well today it is that cold.  COLD COLD COLD.  Our normal cold is low 30’s, with a handful of days in the teens and twenties during the winter.  That’s it and that is as cold as I want it.  But today its 9 degrees Fahrenheit outside.  NINE FREAKING DEGREES.  COLD COLD COLD.

The wind chill is –5 or something but I’m stuck on 9 at the moment and whether the wind chill is 10 or 100, that 9 is freaking me plum out.  I don’t know if I’ve ever seen it this cold.  Bo opened the door to leave this morning and my toes curled under, then my feet began to crawl up my body to hibernate in my hair.  IT WAS COLD. 

Yesterday my mom stopped by to use our printer and made sure I understood just how cold it was going to be today.  She told me to load up the car with items just in case Bo got stuck somewhere on his way to work.  For normal people, that’s a good suggestion and heads up.  My fantastical brain went wild with every scenario that I could come up and I was convinced he needed the car loaded for a 3 month journey.  You know, just in case. I sat and worried the afternoon away on what could go wrong and all that lovely junk I do to myself.  I ended up telling Bo, maybe he should just stay home so I wouldn’t have a melt down.  But you would be proud, we went through items that he should have in the car, got it ready and he loaded it in the car before he left.  And I let him go to work.  Hot damn.

Let’s face it, I could not survive in cold climate locations.  Give me white sandy beaches, turquoise water and warm breezes any day over this bitter cold that freezes the snot to you face the second you open your door…… If only I lived near a white sandy beach, sigh.

No comments: