Monday, February 01, 2010

Snow days

Thursday night we began having sleet, rain and snow.  By Friday morning we had a little over 6 inches of snow.  This meant no work for Bo, yay!  Three day weekend hot damn.

We have only enjoyed the snow once, yeah I know we’re indoor people what can I say.  But that one time was a blast.  We played baseball, with snowballs and using Bailey’s toy shovel as a bat.  We tried to burry the dogs, which totally didn’t work.  One dog, Riddick (he’s half Beagle half Cocker Spaniel) would take off running, while the other, Frost (half Great Pyrenees and Anatolian Shepherd, aka polar bear) looked at you like you didn’t just dump snow on him.  Of course the dog is made for harsh cold weather, and probably didn’t feel the cold snow all over his back…either that or he’s a little slow.  We ran, we had snow ball fights, we knocked off ice sickles the size of swords off the house.  It was a lot of fun and I’m hoping to get to do some more of it today.

Bo returned to work today, we’re here lonely without him.  Although the lovely mess that awaits me in the kitchen and dining room isn’t so romantic.  He makes me lazy..ok so lazier than normal.  When he’s home, my routines go out the window.  It’s even worse since last week I barely did them, then we hung out and did little this weekend.  Here’s hoping I can get us back on track…did you get a giggle?  I know I did.

No comments: