Friday, March 19, 2010

Bubbles and foam

About three years ago I came up with an idea to make money at home, an organic bath and body business. I did tons of research, talked to family and friends to see who’d help and had the ball slowly rolling. My partner admitted that she really wasn’t interested, I had a baby, blah blah, and all my stuff has sat in storage for two years. Miss and I began talking about this while she was down, and eeee she’s my new partner. So excited you have NO clue.

Since we’re still at the starting gate, I can’t give you many details. BUT I wanted to see what you guys thought of getting free samples? All we ask is for you to pay shipping, since I’ve only spent money and not earned any at this point. Plus, we’re going to give discounts/coupons to followers who sign up for this, if that helps you decide. If no one wants to, it’s not a problem don’t worry about it, we have our friends and family who are testing for us too. We just wanted to reach farther out, and I thought ooooh our followers. But just in case someone misses this post, I will make a weekly or biweekly post concerning the samples and the business stuff for the next few months. If you’re not interested, just ignore these posts, no worries I promise.

Any personal information you give is totally confidential. We’ll be using paypal for payments. And at anytime you want to stop getting samples, let me know. If you’d like to purchase the full product, let me know and I’ll get the price back to you…still in early stages after all.

Right now we’re getting our list of people who want to test, so we know how much to get and make. I'd rather not have more products spoil, totally sucks let me tell you.  If for some weird ass reason we get too many volunteers to afford the samples, I’ll let everyone know, and anyone left out will get a big discount instead. The first items that will be sent will be lotion, facial cleanser, and bath salts. I will let you know what scents and all other details of these items once we have our tester list completed, and all inventory received.

So what do you say?? Will you help us start our business and get organic bath and body products lovingly made with real ingredients and not synthetic chemical components?? Will you be my guinea pigs and test out bath bombs, bath salts, bath gel, body wash, lotions, creams, soaps, cleansers, candles, aromatherapy massage oils, perfumes and other little tidbits to make your bath time extra special???


14 comments:

Unknown said...

Grand idea- my only thought would be can you make anything for the shower?? It's a rarity that I jump into that oversized tub I paid for when we built the house :-)And Happy FlogYoBlog Friday- stop by my place when you get the chance!

Nikki said...

Yes!! Right now we're doing the cheapest items to make and easiest to get rid of ;), but eventually there will be body washes and bar soaps plus other bath/body stuff.

Yay so happy to be found thanks to Brenda! I'll check you place out right now.

WarsawMommy said...

Well, sure! I live in Poland and am hard-pressed to find some creams and gels and soaps for my skin type (super sensitive). I'd be happy to pay for shipping - if you are open to an Eastern European tester ;)

Found you through Brenda, BTW... fabulous stuff you've got here. Keep writing, and I'll drop by again.

Brenda said...

That sounds awesome, Nikki. Hey if you want I can have like a giveaway on my blog to promote your products. Lemme know what you think. Mwahs.

Nikki said...

That scream you just heard was me...sorry but I'm so excited about this I couldn't contain my scream of delight.

Bad news/good news, we've had lots of family and friends sign up to test and I'm not sure how much I can afford to send, so there may be only one free sample per person. Just thought I'd give a heads up now, before more signed on, LOL. Last time, not many said they wanted to, but now its like YES YES PLEASE GIVE ME GIVE ME, LOL.

jodene said...

Woo Hoo Nix ... I love your idea!
I have learned that showering is for everyday day and my bath is my treat! I always add a little something special and throw a nice hot cup of tea into the mix!

Anything I can do to shout the word out for you, just let me know. We've got the blog and my monthly newsletters (not sure if you get them, but I'll send u the link).

Go get'em babe!

Nic said...

Hi Nikki,

Loving your blog so am passing on to you the Honest Scrap Award. You can visit my blog to collect it and get the instructions for passing it on...Nic :)

www.domesticallychallengedhousewife.blogspot.com

Nikki said...

1) THANK YOU again Nic for the award, so excited.

2) WarsawMommy, if you want it girl I'll find a way to get it to you without it being an arm and a leg in price, LOL. We'll have to figure something out for sure.

3)Brenda, have I said I loved you?? I think that would be awesome, once I have a stock built, LOL. I've only been making enough for one ever since I made a huge batch with no buyers and it just sat there and got icky.

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki said...

4) (told me it was too long wtf) Jodene I'll take you up on your offer as well once I have stock to get rid of.

Thanks to everyone who wants to help. Makes me feel like the idea isn't such a stupid one after all ;)

WarsawMommy said...

Yeah, let's put our heads together and see what we can come up with... wanna PM me?? You can reach me at: warsawmommy@yahoo.com

See ya!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nikki said...

Sure!! I'll give you a shout this weekend sometime...once I feel better.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.