Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stapleless

Bo is no longer stapled together!


He has the ok for “us” time! …this was the very first question he asked ~insert eye roll~

He can’t lift anything heavier than 10lbs for at least 4 more weeks, due to the bigger surgery. And at 4 weeks he gets to come back with a ahem specimen to see if the vasectomy worked.

Three months from now he has to go in for a checkup for the bigger surgery, to make sure it’s healed properly and he has no pain from the incision.

The testing that was done on the tissue removed came back clean! No cancer!

Soo it’s done, it’s over and we can move on, finally. I was expecting to be more bummed out once it was over, and I’m not. Strange I know. I’m, well kind of relieved oddly enough. It still makes me sad to know we won’t be having any more babies but knowing that we don’t have to worry about it happening by accident is kinda refreshing. Still strange I know, it makes no sense to me but it’s not so bad now. It’s done, there’s no going back (well there is but I’m not putting him through that again) and somehow I’m ok with it now.

Of course there is that whole not having to gain weight part, not going through all the discomfort of pregnancy, and then of course LABOR AND DELIVERY. Ouch…yeah I’m glad I can skip that. Although if it does accidentally happen I’d still vote for a home water birth.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have kids to put to bed, and a hubby that feels very neglected, hehehe.


3 comments:

Jodene said...

Yay I'm so happy to hear that Bo's doing so well!

Good luck to you and not getting him to do the stuff he's not allowed to ... it's a long time ... lol!!

Wish him well and take care of you my friend ;-)

Nikki said...

Thanks Jodene! I need the help keeping him down sometimes. After the exam he had on Thursday, he's extra sore and tender so it has helped to keep him off his feet, LOL.

WarsawMommy said...

Ooooh. Have fun! ;)