Saturday, July 31, 2010

Eesh

Today is our nephew's 3rd birthday party.  He's one heck of a little guy, and its not the party that's making me go eesh.

It's the fact that it's at a creek.

Where I have to wear shorts and or bathing suit which I don't own either one.

Ok so I do own a bathing suit but its WAY too small to wear in public...well anywhere really.

AND where just about everyone we know goes to so there is NO way we won't run into someone we'd rather not see. SOB.  We have our 10th high school reunion tonight, isn't that enough torture for one day?

Do you know how long its been since I've worn shorts?  Do you really? Tell me, cause I don't even remember.  I think it was back in high school but you can't take my word for it.

People I am WHITE as in glow in the dark, can be used to bring in air traffic or boats into the harbor at night, and blinding during the day.  W.H.I.T.E.  My dr. says I have porcelain skin, which he thinks is more beautiful than tanned skin.  I'd like to think he was giving me a compliment but I doubt it, haha. 

I'm 5'3.5, which automatically means short, stubby chunky legs.  Add that on to the fact that I'm a bit fluffy, plus the stretch marks from Bailey all the way down to the back of my knees, and I'm one Mama!   I'd much rather wear shorts and a tank with a bikini top underneath than a full bathing suit.  Either one though makes me want to toss my cheerios.

I'm doing this for you Hoss, you owe me young man!

All deities known to man, help me get through today with having to wear shorts and taking the chance of searing some one's retinas, and then later having to mingle with old classmates who I'm hoping have grown up since school.  If they haven't, please give me the strength to put them in their place and them a sobering moment to understand what I'm saying.

Thank you...and be with the Pygmies in New Guinea.

No comments: