Friday, September 24, 2010

OCD and its quirky sense of humor

I have many OCD moments throughout the day, but most of the time I can talk my way through it by simple steps that I do before hand knowing where my brain will go.

This morning I was heating up some oatmeal, mmm yummy.  I added in some peaches and butter and oh baby was it tasty, but for some reason some of the oats weren't done.  So I popped it back into the microwave for 30 more seconds.  I got the bowl out and went to stir it and thats when my brain died.

I don't remember putting the spoon in the bowl....did I nuke it? OMG did I just nuke my damn spoon?  What was I doing? Oh yeah I was standing in front of the microwave, while looking at the calendar thinking about um can't remember now.  Did I have the spoon in my hand?  I know I had it in my hand before I put the peaches in because I dripped milk on my arm....The spoon isn't hot, that means I didn't nuke it right?  Or is 30 seconds not long enough to make it hot.  DID I JUST FUCKING NUKE MY SPOON IN MY FUCKING OATMEAL?!?!?!?!?

I rush to my laptop and send Bo a message, while the thoughts I mentioned above kept going over and over in my head...thats how I remember them, because they wouldn't stop.  And I wait.....20 minutes go by still no reassurance and I say screw it I'll make another bowl.  I go wash my lovely bowl of oatmeal with peaches down the drain.

OMG what if I do it again?  What if I forget again and repeat this retarded situation all over again? 

Screw it I'll just eat a Fiber One bar.

No comments: