Friday, November 12, 2010

It's Friday yay and ah shit

Today is packed with things to do, since I'm still trying to recover from a week of nothingness. 

By the way, why is it that when your house is messy people always come by but when it's clean no one shows up?  It's not fair.

I have to get the kitchen 100% clean today.  Why? Well because tomorrow we are tearing it apart and painting EVERYTHING.

Ah shit.

An extra ah shit is thrown for how cluttered my kitchen is right now.

The walls have horrible wallpaper that I did not put up thank you, that has started to peel.  The cabinets have an almost laminated coating that is also peeling.  It's so pretty let me tell you.  Yup, lots of painting in our future.   

I'm a master at removing wallpaper, once you know the trick it's easy peasy.  I can't for the life of me remember what it's called, but there's this little round tool with blades on the bottom.  You make light circular motions on the wall and the blades cut the wallpaper.  Then you take a spray bottle with vinegar and water (I do half and half) until the walls are damp.  You let it set for a few minutes and the vinegar will dissolve the glue and voila, you peel the wall paper.  Some areas you have to re-spray or use the tool again.  But it's still easy and cheap.

This is the first time since we moved in that I'm thankful my kitchen is small. 

I am not looking forward to this.  Painting a room is one thing, and I oddly love to paint, but this is a full room update.  Small or not, it's still a lot of work.

I hate work...can't I just read instead?

1 comment:

MissCrystal said...

You will love it when it's done though!!!
By the way every time I visit your blog it tells me your blog has malware!!!

"The website at networkedblogs.com contains elements from the site www.webpagedesign.ws, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer."
That's the message I get!!!
Creepy right???