Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Starting out with a bang

Today, as long as nothing comes up, the h/a dude is coming by to FINALLY fix the heater.  Since our room is always chilly and Bailey's is only a few degrees warmer than outside, I'm ready to have this problem fixed and out of our way.

However it means that I face a fear today.  Someone I don't know, in my house, when it's just me and the kids (or kid in this case).  But I got through the dishwasher man just fine, mainly because he was older, very friendly and not creepy in the slightest.  The h/a guy sounds young and they are the ones that scare me the most.

It's only 9:30, and I've fixed my hair (skipped makeup, sorry Miss)  and cleaned here and there to make the house company ready.  I didn't give up.  I didn't get frustrated.  I didn't get overwhelmed.  I somehow managed to stay focused and pick areas to tackle and stayed with it.  Yeah there's more to clean, but I'm not trying to impress this guy nor do I care if he thinks the house is clean.  It's my inner nag that is saying it's not good enough...and I've politely told her to fuck off.

I don't know about you, but that's like huge for me and I'm highly impressed with myself. 

No comments: