Monday, March 21, 2011

Vodka lolly pops

I think I've mentioned that we're doing a countdown until we move, just to help Bailey keep track of moving day.

I say think cause I'm still sick, half out of it, little sleep...you know, what seems to now be my usual.

Anwho, I just changed it and it's now on 9 days to close and 17 days to move.

OMG.

SERIOUSLY OMFG.

It's laughable considering we've been doing this for oh 5 days or so, so it's not like I haven't been aware of the days ticking down. 

It's not like I haven't been decluttering all over as much as I can and packing what I can.

But when I wrote the new numbers down, my heart jumped in my throat and I had to change the undies.

I've got that EEEEE we're moving how exciting and that FFFFFUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK we're moving and it's hell.

I keep reminding myself of our worst move, which was in the summer of 2001.  This was in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and if you've ever been down in this area you know it's HUMID AS HELL.  It was in the 100's which meant you could fry an egg on pavement, no shit we've done it.  The complex was doing renovations that week so all of the elevators were out.  Oh no, no wait a sec it gets BETTER.  We were moving to the third floor.  Let's recap shall we?  THIRD FLOOR, 100+ WEATHER 100% HUMIDITY.  Can you imagine the beauty of that move?  To add more icing to that cake, all of the staircases were in direct sun.

I'm pretty sure our parents hated us by the end of it.

So every time I start panicking about this move I remember that move.  Where we were all soaked as if we'd showered in our clothes at the end of the day.  That week after, where EVERYONE was so sore no one wanted to get out of bed.

This time it won't be in summer, but that doesn't mean it's going to be smooth sailing weather wise.  It'll be April, which means it will either a) be gorgeous and warm but with cool breezes to make it easier, b) rainy and yucky where we'll be tracking mud and gunk all over both houses and AFTER we've unloaded the last box the sun will come out with a rainbow and the rain will be gone, or c) cold as all hell and snowing or sleeting.

Although if it rains we could so have a mud wrestling match....hmmm.

No comments: