Thursday, April 14, 2011

Big girl panties

This morning I did something rather big for me.

I went grocery shopping with Jocelyn.

Alone.

Just me and her.

I was nervous in the store, but nothing like I usually do.  I didn't set and obsess over do I put her in the car first or the groceries or what could happen if I turn my back too long.  Nope, but I shopped rather quickly, even though my Mom was there too and we kept running into each other.  I wish I had lingered a bit and talked to her a little more but I was antsy to be home. 

I got home, unloaded the groceries, and yes I gave myself a pat on the back.

1 comment:

Draft Queen said...

Anytime I make it through the grocery store, I give myself a pat on the back. If I make it through WITH SMALL CHILD(REN)- I throw myself a freaking party.

You are brave.