Sunday, May 15, 2011

Feverish

I thought the kids and I were getting over our sniffles, then Bailey got a fever on Thursday evening, but was better Friday until we took him to the school circus.  We were bundled up outside with cold wind and fall/winter type rainy weather.  I shouldn't have let us go, I said I didn't think it was a good idea but Bo and Bailey voted against me and so off we went.  They argued that he felt better and there was no fever.  I couldn't deny that, but I didn't think it was a smart idea anyway.

Now Bailey has had a 100 - 102 temp off and on ever since.  He's coughing almost constantly and has a stuffy nose.

I hate it when I'm right during times like these.

He's not going to school tomorrow even if we get the fever broke and it doesn't return in the morning.  And if the fever does return tomorrow I'm taking him to the doctor.  Which is kinda funny, I don't want to waste a trip to have the dr say just keep doing what we're doing and if it doesn't get better in a day or two bring him back.  I hate those wasted trips.  But Bo's the one saying to take him.  Yet he was all for him going out into the windy evening for a school circus...we're slightly backwards sometimes.

My mom joked that maybe First Grade won't be so bad on us, that all this sick time will make him/us immune.

Man I hope so.

No comments: