Thursday, June 09, 2011

Tried....unsuccesfully

I don't know whether to be offended or happy that Bailey wasn't really interested in doing much of anything with me yesterday. 

But I did try.  I mentioned all sorts of things to do and it was answered by 'Nope, I just wanna play by myself Mama'.

But we did make popsicles...there's that right?

I may not have clingy, attention needy kids.  I have independent, self sufficient ones.  And honestly, that's not a bad thing.  That's kind of a good thing.  In fact that's an awesome thing.

I know first hand what it's like to know someone who can't function on their own.  It's rather annoying.  And I have a tendency to do this myself sometimes.

And yet...it breaks my heart a little that he's only 6 and she's only 2 and they are both rather good at finding their own entertainment.  Not to mention when I say 'hey show you me your maps, let's see what we can find' only to hear not interested from a boy who pours over these things for hours and shouts for joy over something new he found or something he's actually seen on the road.  Have I really been that absent that they don't know what to do with me either? Or am I really just that boring that they'd rather do it alone than with me?

No comments: