Thursday, July 14, 2011

First night off

Once dinner was done, I walked away.  I took me a glass of sweet tea, my book and my phone and barricaded myself in my bedroom.

Or as much as I could since our bedroom is Jocelyn's changing station.  And with every diaper change or clothing change, in comes Bailey with his Tonka truck rattling and varooming around the room.  My paradise was interrupted three times, loudly, annoyingly, but I handled it.  I wasn't mad that they were all in there, I just wasn't thrilled the silence was disturbed and it was L.O.U.D.  I was enjoying my 'silent' bedroom all by myself. 

If you consider muffled noise from outside the door silence, which I did, it was better than full volume.

Maybe next time I'll go upstairs and take my chances with the litter box.

Nonetheless, it was amazing.  About 3pm I started getting excited about it.  Antsy to have Bo home so I could walk away and not worry about any of them for a while.  I felt bad for that, but I couldn't help the excitement at the thought of it being just me.  And when it was time for me to clock out, I was smiling and practically skipping.

It was strange yet oh so wonderful.

All I ended up doing was reading and listening to Pandora on my phone.  That's it, and it was AWESOME. 

But that's when all hell broke loose, because as we all know you can't have the good without the bad.  By 10:30 I was done with my book and HAD to write the review before I went to sleep.  It was a good read, one I'll never read again cause it got the OCD going nutso, and so I had to get all that info out or I wouldn't be able to sleep.  I finished it at 11:45.  No it's not a huge review, I typically write and rewrite and rewrite the same thing over and over until I feel it's ok...meaning three little paragraphs can take me 3 hours sometimes.  But I knew if I didn't write it I'd be doing it in my head as I'm trying to sleep.  By midnight I'm laying in bed, wide awake.  So so very awake and energized I could have laughed out loud in the dark if Bo wasn't trying to sleep next to me.  I ended up tossing and turning all night long, and then getting up after FINALLY falling asleep because it was 3:30am and Jocelyn wanted to play and was screaming in her doorway.  Back to being wide awake.

The next thing I know, Bo's kissing me and telling me he's leaving for work.

I'm feeling like a zombie again, a mentally refreshed and less irritated zombie.


No comments: