Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Changing face

I want you to read this post by my friend Jodene before I go any farther.  

It's amazing and so true, but every time I read one of her posts I get inspired.  Sadly it doesn't last that long, and I'm doing my same old stuff and getting the same old results and right back to being frustrated and miserable.  This past week her post has been whispering around my head, because I've been forcing myself to pay better attention to my surroundings.   By constantly telling myself I can only be on my laptop for so long each day, I have to look around and figure out what to do to earn more time.  It's shown me how much I've 'lived' with these distractions, and how little I've looked around and been involved with everyone.  It has been hard, because I still want to play and have fun and it's a fight with myself every single day to do what I need to do first.  Some days are better than others, but I haven't quit and labeled this as a failure.  Like I usually do.


I can explain to you about how I am the way I am, and why things are the way they are now.  But that would be redundant because all that is right here on my blog for everyone, including me to read.  So I'm skipping that.  I'm also skipping the parts of explaining what I'm doing and why I think it will work and how I plan on doing it because I've already talked enough about those things too.  That and because that distracts me from what I need to do and keeps me in the planning mode.  Instead I'm taking off with my idea.  I'm changing my blog, I'm changing my life and whether you like it or not, I'm taking you with me as I set deadlines and goals for myself and my 'job'.

~To get different results than you have gotten, you must start by making different choices than you have been making~

Photobucket

No comments: