Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stomping some toes

Before I jump on my soapbox, just remember I don't expect you to instantly convert to my opinion.  It is mine, and mine alone, and if you agree great, if not great I will still love ya.  This is not intended to hurt anyone's feelings or piss anyone off, just me stating my feelings over something that kinda bugs me.  Now on to the show...

A local news station posted an article on facebook this morning, the title says 'Interracial Marriages hits new high in US'...Ummm wait a sec, wasn't the US created by immigrants and welcomes them still?  That kinda means there's a few interracial marriages going on here.  HELLLOOOOO.

But wait, I'm confused.  Is anyone 'pure blood' anymore?  Especially here in the US?  I mean I'm Cherokee and Choctaw Indian (or Native American or American Indian for those PC peeps, I will forever be an Indian, sorry), I'm also Irish and possibly Scottish and German.  Bo is Cherokee Indian as well and other roots we have yet to pin down...technically that makes us an interracial couple, am I wrong?  But no one has ever gotten up in our face about it, nor have we ever heard anyone whisper 'oh those two, it's interracial you know, that's just wrong'.  How come folks like us slide under the radar, when we are no different than any other 'interracial' couple out there?  Oh I know why... ~insert MASSIVE eye roll here~

Anyone else get diarrhea over hypocrisy?

I could go on and on and ON about this topic, but I won't.  I'm not doing this to stir some chaos, I'm doing this because I truly do not get it.  No one is 'pure blood' around here anymore, hell even the Royal family isn't 100% Brittish.  Queen Elizabeth II is Armenian, Arab, British, Chinese, Cuman, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Monegasque, Norwegian, Old Prussian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanis, Swedish, and Yugoslavian...didn't know that did ya (wiki it, you'll see)??  And aren't the Royal family known for their pure blue, royal blood line....hmmmm.

I wouldn't be here if there wasn't some interracial nooky going on, neither would my parents or theirs, or Bo and his and so on and so forth.  So I don't see what the big deal is.  Let it go.  We don't need a stupid survey to state the absolute obvious that has been going on since the beginning of time.  It kinda happens when one country invades and takes over another.  Duh.  It kinda happens when people immigrate to one country.  Duh.

Not to mention, in my opinion, if you bitch about it, you are kind a bitching about your own existence, unless you are a rare person with 100% heritage.

Stepping down now.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

Loved it. And it is so true.

middle child said...

I just see people as...people.